Keep reading below for more about Tatiana.
When did you become an X-Phile?
I’ve been an X-Phile since 2000 or so.
What is the first episode you watched?
It was so long ago, but I suspect it was “Unruhe.” I started watching TXF regularly after that episode.
What is your favorite part of the revival?
Honestly, I don’t like the new series. Yes, I’m extremely happy to see Mulder and Scully again. But it’s still not THAT The X-Files I’ve been loving for years. I think the show should have stayed in the 90’s to keep its charm. But if you ask about my favorite episode, it’s for sure “Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster”. It’s very similar to “old” The X-Files.
What inspired you to create X-Files fanart?
My imagination. I don’t like to just copy common screenshots or posters. I prefer to draw something original, something that could happen, something that nobody knows but me. Of course I draw some episodes from the show as well, but my favorite theme is behind-the-scene moments.
Who is your favorite character?
I’ve been asked “why?” a billion times before. So, I made a list of reasons.
- He reminds me of Film Noir anti-heroes. I even created a series of Krycek drawings in Noir style.
- He is mysterious.
- I don’t know his true intentions.
- Whose side he is on?
- He is cruel, but not completely evil.
- I love that his character is not static. I love to see how he changes from season to season.
- According to the above, I can imagine everything I want. And no one will say “This is impossible” or “This is out of character”.
- We are both Russian (I adore his American accent, but still can’t stop laughing, LOL).
- And yeah: he is so damned cute!
Hope that explains everything.
List your top 5 episodes.
All mythology episodes(really can’t choose one).
“Clyde Bruckman’s Final Repose”
Favorite X-Files quote.
Haha, well, when someone is trying to argue with me I usually say like Krycek in “Patient X”:
“Ты будешь со мной спорить?” (“Do you argue with me?”).
How has The X-Files impacted your life?
I never believed in evolution and creationism, I suspected there was something more. And The X-Files gave me the answer. Of course, I don’t blindly believe in TXF mythology. This is sci-fi, after all. But some things really became my faith.
Oh, and now I always have a flashlight in my bag! XD
Thanks, Tatiana! Stay tuned for a new FanWorks writer next week.